New City Structures

This the forum for general OOC discussions.

New City Structures

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 pm

A while back Sarah came up with some city structures. After doing some editing I think the following are good. I would like your opinion on them before I officially put them in play:

Grammar School: 20 BP
Centralized location where children can learn basic mathematics and writing. Grammar schools are also often used by the state to lay the groundwork for nationalism.
+1 Stability
+1 Loyalty
+1 Economy
size: 1 block

Kennels: 12 BP
This area specializes in the training of animals for hunting, defense, and war. Primarily the kennels focus on dogs, but if provided a large enough breading stock they can raise other animals.
+1 Economy
+1 Defense Modifer OR +3 Defense Modifer if given the right kind of animals to breed
Size: 1 block

Aqueducts/Cistern: 30 BP
This massive cistern is supplied fresh water via a Aqueduct, then through a series for underground pipes supplies fresh running water to the who town district.
Requirements: Must be build at the edge of a town section. If large spring is more than one hex away, must pay 7 BP for each additional hex.
+1 Economy for every 12 occupied blocks in same city district (Max 3)
+1 Stability for every 12 occupied in same city district (Max 3)
+4 to d20 checks to put out fire in area, special consideration for IC scenes involving fire in area.

Public Baths: 30 BP
This facility provides a cheap and economical place for the people of the city to keep clean and relax. This luxury serves as regular reminder of what a great city they live in.
Requirements: Aqueduct/Cistern in same City District
+1 Stability
+3 Loyality
Last edited by Tim_Coltharp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim_Coltharp

Re: New City Structures

Postby Adrian_McCloud on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Kennels: sarah just wants her griffons.
I like the idea of the aqueduct one. not sure if cost is right, though.
Adrian_McCloud

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I forgot something from the Aqueduct one.
Tim_Coltharp

Postby Yarra_Halftree on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:33 am

Hell right I just want my griffins! =DDD

(No, I was just trying to come up with some new stuff, really. I had a bunch of ideas that Tim nixed, though.)
Yarra_Halftree

Return to General - OOC