Thunderbrew's actions, arrival, and other things.

Thunderbrew's actions, arrival, and other things.

Postby Alquin_Thunderbrew on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Alquin would arrive with his wife both dressed well, but certainly not to the playboy standards of Kenzo or to the extravagance of Duchess Halftree. They would certainly look the parts of diplomat and high priest. (Granted, Helga would likely have trouble finding a nice outfit at this point, she's fairly late in pregnancy.) Alquin would be wearing the robes and vestments of his God, perhaps a nicer outfit of them than usual with a silver emblem of his clan used as the clasp on his robe. His arrival with his wife would be nothing stunning. Being dwarves, they would likely be more interested in arriving and getting things done as opposed to being overly impressive or concerned with ridiculous amounts of pleasantries and over-the-top clothing. She would likely have a few dresses that would be fitting of a noblewoman and heir to a clan though.

As for actions, Alquin would be his typical to the point sort of self, pleasant enough to not insult but blunter than Duchess Halftree tends to like. He would leave the political schmoozing to her and mostly seek to talk to the Norst and the various other more tribal and down-to-earth sorts. He would let Duchess Yarra deal with the smooth talkers, though would gladly go along with her to meetings if requested. For the most part though, he would stick with his wife in most endeavors and probably not seem too comfortable with the feasting and partying. He's not a man of too many pleasures, and to him, this seems like a bunch of fancy free and asskissing. He is mostly there in support of the Duchess and at the ruling oligarchy's request and as usual, is very much business before pleasure. If approached by anyone, he would be friendly and polite, but wouldn't make TOO many gestures to step out to speak with others. In regards to the Raoist temple, he would pay proper respects, but would likely do most of his praying outside in the courtyard in the mornings for his meditations.

Mostly, his interest amongst discussions however is to take notes and be a good little scribe at meetings. If he goes with Yarra to one, he will ALWAYS have a book and a pen in hand and he would likely take to great lengths to transcribe the discussions and comments of others. You never know what you can glean from idle words, and it would help to understand all parties around them in the regards of their motives and where their ideals clash and agree with Tolaria's needs and desires.
Alquin_Thunderbrew

Re: Thunderbrew's actions, arrival, and other things.

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Since you are going to try interact primarily with the Norst here is what you pick up.

Stormbreaker is very grateful to the PCs for their timely aid in the Bear Tribe's offering to Hestr. He readily invites Alquin to numerous activities. He is also suprised to find that a foriegner was Norst, but does not doubt you.

Stormbreaker seems to be chasing every piece of tail he can get at, and is particularly interested in Kaya Skyward and a few of the more beautiful and talented geisha. For the most part he is being politely rejected by the and being befuddled by their wordplay. Because of your sense motive skill you get that most of the Zenith women consider him too crass. He does get some play though from some of the lowly palace serving girls, how your sense motive again allows you to sense their true purpose. You sense that they have been placed in his company to keep him occupied, though one of the serving girls does seem to like him and is not just there because of obligation. You can not guess Kaya Skywards true agenda, but she has not outright rejected him.

You can't figure out Sleepywatcher's objectives. He seems objectiveless.

The Norst enjoy the arm wrestling tournaments they have started and are clearly the leaders at this sport. They also enjoy the open form wrestling, though the Zenith techniques and quickness neutralize the Norsts' innate strength and put them on equal footing.

A good number of the Norst in the Bear Tribe are complaining about how so many Norst are abondoning the old ways and choosing to settle down in Toleria. Their discover that their opinion is not based solely on adherrence to tradition and religious teachings. You discover that they have several legends regarding various boogeymen that chase the Norst and that the only way to avoid their cruelty is to regularly move. These boogeymen all share the trait of being either slow moving or hopelessly befuddled by such movements. They worry that with so many people settling down, it is only a matter of time before these boogeymen arrive and slaughter the settlers.

The Norst enjoy the cheap rice wine that has been made readily available to all guests.

Now that the Bear Tribe has ended the hostility of Hestr, the other tribes are once again willing to trade horses with them. The Bear Tribe as a consquence has been trading its wealth of iron weapons and tools for horses. By spring they plan to stop the Horse Tribe's advance and turn the tide in their favor.
Last edited by Tim_Coltharp on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim_Coltharp

Postby Alquin_Thunderbrew on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Alquin would gladly accept the Norstman's offer to party and to the activities. Seeing Stormbreaker's attempts at wooing women going wrong for the most part. Alquin would inform him why the raoist women aren't terribly interested due to his crassness, and would inform him of the situation with the serving women. That situation being that, for the most part, they are there to keep him busy and aren't interested in him really with the exception of the one. As for Kaya, she seems to have some agenda, and Alquin would like to know what that is. So he would approach her to get to know her better. Mostly seeking to perform some idle banter and to try to discuss kingdom matters with her. Alquin doesn't really know much about Costa Del Sol, so he would very much like to learn about it from the heir apparent. Additionally, he'd be interested to try to find her opinion on Stormbreaker, as he has obviously stated his feelings. If nothing else, he would try to be at least SOMEWHAT more refined to talk to than his fellow Norst. He would also try to converse with his wife on matters of the more political side of things, and if she has heard anything interesting going on in the more court side of things. She's the grand diplomat, and likely has to deal with the less blunt and barbaric sorts of folks, and Alquin would like to hear her input on the matter.
Last edited by Alquin_Thunderbrew on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alquin_Thunderbrew

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:34 pm

When you tell the truth about the serving girls he looks at you with a scowl. "Are you saying I can't get my own women?"

When you speak with Kaya you get the following from her:

"Stormbreaker certainly is handsome and . . . enthusastic. But I am sure I would just be another conquest he brags about. As long as he happy with chasing, then I enjoy to be chased."

"If you wish for a lesson about my home I will be glad to grant it Governor Alquin. Costa Del Sol was the second attempt to colonize by Ambropolis, and the first to be successful. It has been governored by a member of my house sense it was founded. With the Kobold Purge, we now control two large islands about 100 miles east of Fort Drelev. The rich soil and warm marine climate make it ideal for growing fruit and cotton. Is there something specific you would like to know?"
Tim_Coltharp

Postby Alquin_Thunderbrew on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

To Stormbreaker: "Lad, These womenfolk ain't the kind yer used to. They're different, but yer welcome to keep tryin the same way ya have been. Hell, ya might prove me wrong."

The discussion with Kaya: "I was mostly interested in finding out your relations with Fort Drelev then. If they are so near to you, how have your relations been with them? Additionally, anything in need in Costa Del Sol? Perhaps trade would be something that would benefit both of us. Also, I would love to know the areas around your kingdom to add to my maps. I've been keeping track of the maps for our kingdom and enjoy keeping everything in order."
Alquin_Thunderbrew

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Stormbreaker looks a touch confused then speaks "Yeah that's what I thought" and then departs.

Kaya raises an eyebrow, "As fellow Ambropolitan administrators I have great respect for any of their work towards the betterment of the Eternal City. However niether I or my father have had any dealings with Fort Drelev nor see any need to do so. As for Costa Del Sol, our time of crisis is past and we do not need aid. And as for trade, I believe already are trading. All Ambropolitan colonies have open trade between them. However the war was costly for us and we did have to borrow deeply, at the time the interest rates we were charged were very high given our dire straights. The Eternal City was subsidizing the interest payments for us, but now that our economy is recovered they plan to stop in the Spring. If you adventuring results in a large windfall we would appreciate the chance to refinance at a lower rate. And if this wealth comes in the form of an expensive magic item or treasure, we could arrange to sell of the item though our House contacts in order to buy out that debt. Would you have any interest in helping us in that regard?"

"As for maps I can have some provided by the end of Winter."
Essentially Costa Del Sol consists of two islands. The original island was mostly round with a volcano at the center. That island is made of up 7 hexes. There is one town on it (one city district that is totally full). The island taken from the Kobolds is more oval shaped with only smooth hills at the center. It has about 10 hexes in it. A new town (city district) has been founded there and looks like only an inn and pier have been established.
Last edited by Tim_Coltharp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim_Coltharp

Postby Alquin_Thunderbrew on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 pm

"Aye milady, should we come across such windfall in our travels, we will certainly keep that in mind."

Alquin would go to speak with the others in his group about the state of Costa Del Sol and the maps and information he has acquired.
Alquin_Thunderbrew

Postby Tim_Coltharp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:31 pm

OOC: In case you did not realize what Kaya was offering. If you have some of those pesky items that exceed the purchasing power of your settlements, she will give you Costa Del Sol bonds in return for it.
Tim_Coltharp

Return to Miramoto Kenzo's Winter Court - IC